PAGA: Employee With Outdated Individual Claim May Proceed With Representative Claim

August 12, 2021 | From HRCalifornia Extra

by Lisa V. Ryan, J.D.; Partner, COOK|BROWN LLP

Under the California Labor Code's Private Attorneys General Act of 2004 (PAGA), an aggrieved employee — acting solely on their own behalf and/or on behalf of other current and former employees — may bring a civil action to enforce Labor Code provisions if the government has not enforced them.

  • ​​


    This premium content is for our members. For immediate access, join online or by phone at 800-331-8877. Or Start a Free Trial Now for 7 days.

    Already a Member? Sign In Below.

Sign In
Remember Email