Independent Contractors Report - DE542

Any business or government entity that is required to file a Federal Form 1099-MISC for service performed by an independent contractor must report using this form. You must report to the Employment Development Department within twenty (20) days of EITHER making payments of $600 or more OR entering into a contract for $600 or more with an independent contractor in any calendar year, whichever is earlier. This information is used to assist state and county agencies in locating parents who are delinquent in their child support obligations. ​​