Investigation by Government Agencies

You may first become aware of a discrimination claim when you receive notice from the Civil Rights Department (CRD), formerly known as the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, or the EEOC that a complaint was filed. The actions you take from that point forward can determine the success of your defense and the extent of your liability. Unless you are intimately familiar with discrimination statutes, regulations and case law in discrimination, seek knowledgeable legal counsel. For additional information on investigations, see Harassment Investigation.